Foundations: Creating Safe and Engaging Mind Body Experiences (Level 1)
This training provides you with the understanding and tools you need to teach a well-rounded yoga and mindfulness class to children and teens ages 3 to 18.
We begin with an in-depth look at how the relationship between the brain, the body, and the nervous system affects child development.
Then we explore the 5 Element framework of the Little Flower Yoga approach—connect, breathe, move, focus and relax—and learn how to create developmentally appropriate lesson plans using this structure.
Guided by an experienced Little Flower Yoga Teacher who is actively teaching in schools, you will also learn:
- How to make yoga poses accessible, safe, and engaging
- Techniques for teaching breath-work to children
- Successful strategies for working with schools
- How to adapt lessons for different ages and abilities
- Personal mindfulness and meditation practices
- Guiding principles for teaching classes based on a compassionate understanding of students’ needs
- Tools to create a physically and emotionally safe space for learning
- The ethics of teaching yoga to children
The training also includes a webinar called Introduction to Little Flower Yoga and the Five Elements. This 90-minute online class is taught by Little Flower Yoga founder Jennifer Cohen Harper and should be completed before the in-person training.
This Level 1 training is open to all. It can be taken as a standalone program. No previous coursework is required.
It is also a great starting point if you decide to become a Certified Little Flower Yoga Teacher. To become a Certified Little Flower Yoga Teacher, you’ll need to complete the following requirements: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Trauma-Informed Training, Chair Yoga, Mentorship, and reading and writing assignments. There is no required time frame for completion—you can work toward certification at your own pace.
LFY makes every effort to hold each workshop scheduled, however all trainings are subject to cancellation based on unmet minimum enrollment or unforeseen emergencies. Enrollment will be evaluated three weeks prior to training, and In the unlikely event of unmet minimum all participants will be notified right away. In the event of cancellation payment will be refunded in full.