mar, 25 feb|
Mindfulness for Parents (6 week Online Course)
25 feb 2020, 13:00 – 14:30 GMT-5
Online, United States
You are not alone.
If you feel like you are sometimes failing as a parent. If you feel like you yell at your kids more than you ever thought you would. If you just don't know how to get your kid to listen or how to be a parent without losing your shit. If you feel like you are losing your identity at times because all you do is schlep the kids to practices and buy groceries.
This course is here for you.
Mindfulness for parents offers real-world, practical tools for self-care, communication, and dealing with big emotions (yours & theirs).
You'll walk away with tools for:
- how to take care of yourself even when everything feels like chaos
- how to make mindfulness fit with your life and your family
- how to check your own nervous system before losing it when your kid is freaking out, hurt, or otherwise dysregulated
- how to use your body as a resting point when your mind is going a mile a minute
In this course you will get:
- Guided meditations and practices to build your own mindful awareness, presence, and resilience
- Opportunities to connect & share/brainstorm with other parents
- Tools for recognizing and managing expectations
- Technique and suggestions for positive discipline (letting go of the yelling and finding solutions that work)
- Self-care techniques
When: Tuesdays from 1:00p-2:30p EST (Feb 25, Mar 3, Mar 10, Mar 17, Mar 24, Mar 31)
Where: Online. We use Zoom for all online courses. It's free and simple.
What if I can't make the calls or something comes up?
Recordings will be provided for all sessions and children running around or on laps during the calls are welcome.
- 6 weekly 90-minute online classes
- An email summary of sessions with formal and informal practice suggestions for the week
- Audio recordings of mindfulness practices
- Video recordings of all 6 classes
- Q & A email support
- additional one-on-one opportunities for more involved questions
Investment: (choose the best option for you)
- $350 Benefactor Level: Help support our ability to offer the subsidized level to those requiring financial assistance.
- $275 Sustaining Level: This level reflects the actual costs of this program.
- $150 Subsidized Level: Made possible by the generosity of benefactor level above and other donations to ensure participation for those requiring financial assistance.
If you are unable to pay the Subsidized Base Fee, you're not alone. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about how to volunteer to offer work exchange, set up a payment plan, or just to let us know how much you are able to pay for this program.
This helps supports our ability to offer the Subsidized level to those requiring financial assistance.
This level reflects the actual costs of this program.
Made possible by the generosity of Benefactor Level above and other donations to ensure participation for those requiring financial assistance.