Teaching Mindfulness and Yoga to Children-Cultivating Resilience, Emotional Balance, and Well-Being
Jennifer Cohen Harper, MA, E-RYT, RCYT, children’s yoga expert and founder of Little Flower Yoga, and Mayuri Gonzalez, E-RYT, RCYT, leader in wellness for children and young adults, will join with you to explore mindfulness, movement, and breath-based tools you can use with kids.
In this weekend workshop, based on a program used with tens of thousands of children in New York City schools, you will:
- Gain a greater understanding of the relationship between the brain, the nervous system, and the body
- Discover how yoga and mindfulness can support kids in navigating physical, mental, and emotional barriers to learning and social integration
- Learn a clear, structured framework, based on five key elements, that will allow you to teach an integrated experience of yoga and mindfulness in any setting
- Explore the challenges of teaching in school environments, studios, and community spaces.
- Leave with a step-by-step approach for effectively sharing yoga and mindfulness with children and adolescents. Be a part of the path to a better future: for kids, the adults that serve them, and the world they will create.
- Children need skills to help them thrive in the world and navigate the many challenges they face. The next generation is depending on us to teach them.
- Yoga and mindfulness offer proven methods to develop the inner resilience needed to manage physical, mental, and emotional stress. Create a world where the kids you know can grow up with access to these tools.
- This framework for helping children access their inner resources of body, breath, and mind is effective and accessible, even for those with no prior yoga or mindfulness experience.